Monday, April 13, 2009

Answers from Gebert

I think the viral threat is over, and I am happy to resume posting. I received a response from Kaylene Gebert today. I grow fonder of her each time we communicate. If all administrators took the time to actually read and respond to concerns, our universities would be in much better shape.

She addresses a few of the concerns I have, and she left the option open to submit more. If anyone reading this has concerns of their own, feel free to leave them as a comment, and I'll be sure to include them.

Here is her response:

Dear Wendy,
I have been behind in responding to email. It's been a busy time. Yes,
athletics will be taking cuts as well. Parking fees are part of an auxillary.
That is, the parking enterprise, including fees and building lots, etc. is
"self-sufficient" and is not supported by state dollars.
The cuts, etc. are a part of the state budget. Please understand that we must
cut $19.3M. That is a huge sum and will not be met by parking or ticket fee
increases.
I will be glad to respond to your suggestions by email.
Best wishes,
Kaylene

No comments:

Post a Comment