Friday, March 6, 2009

Welcome to Operation: Shawshank Redemption

This is the first of what I hope will be many posts in my effort to save the MTSU Department of Philosophy from the upcoming budget cuts. I'm taking a page from Andy Dufresne of The Shawshank Redemption by sending daily e-mails to those who may be able to keep this from happening. Each letter with be inspired by philosophy, and each week I will also be sending a bundle of handwritten letters, just in case the powers that be feel like deleting my e-mails.

I'll be posting those letters on this site, and I'll also be posting contact e-mails so others can send e-mails and letters as well. I encourage everyone who reads this to post a comment and send an e-mail. If you'd like me to post and/or link your letters, just send an e-mail to visa717@aol.com.

Higher education in this state must be preserved, and we must do everything we can to ensure that happens, if not for ourselves than for future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment